Check out what’s going on around town in the month of November!
One Health Day at Phipps
- When: Sunday, November 3, 2019 from 10am-4pm
- Organizer: Phipps Environmental Center
- Type of Event: Family-Friendly Event (admission required)
- Description: In celebration of International One Health Day, Phipps will offer special interactive activities for all ages that demonstrate how human, animal and environmental health affect one another, and what we can do to have a positive impact. All activities are free with admission.
- Link: https://www.phipps.conservatory.org/calendar/detail/one-health-day-at-phipps
- When: Monday & Tuesday, November 4-5, 2019 from 8am-5pm
- Organizer: EcoDistricts
- Type of Event: Sustainability Conference
- Description: Sponsored in part by Green Building Alliance, this annual conference is dedicated to neighborhood and district-scale sustainability. Brings together hundreds of civic, public and private sector thinkers to explore best practices and solve challenges for sustainable development.
- Link: https://summit.ecodistricts.org/
49th Annual World Affairs Institute for Student Leaders
- When: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 from 8:30am-3pm
- Organizer: World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh
- Type of Event: Student Conference (tickets required)
- Description: Conference for students to discuss Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). At this year’s World Affairs Institute, hear from inspirational leaders who will address the three pillars of sustainability: economic, social, and environmental. Learn how you can use your creativity, your know-how, and technology to help build a world in which no one is left behind.
- Link: https://www.worldpittsburgh.org/wai2019/
3 Rivers West Weather Sewer Conference
- When: Wednesday & Thursday, November 13-14, 2019 from 8am-5pm
- Organizer: 3 Rivers West Weather (founded by Allegheny County Health Dept. and Allegheny County Sanitary Authority ALCOSAN)
- Type of Event: Conference
- Description: Municipal officials, engineers, managers, public works directors and wet weather experts attend the 3 Rivers Wet Weather Sewer Conference to learn, educate and share experiences for overcoming the wet weather problems in the Pittsburgh region. More than 75 exhibitors share their products and services while local, regional and national speakers presented educational sessions on a variety of wet weather issues.
- Link: https://www.3riverswetweather.org/events/annual-sewer-conference
America Recycles Day
- When: Friday, November 15, 2019 – All Day
- Organizer: Keep America Beautiful
- Type of Event: National Day of Action
- Description: Each year on November 15th, people across the US take part in America Recycles Day, a day which was created to raise awareness about recycling and the purchasing of recycled products. Recycle, buy recycled goods and help teach others the benefits of recycling and continue to do so each day! Use #AmericaRecyclesDay to post on social media.
- Link: https://americarecyclesday.org/
Sustainable Pittsburgh Conservation Conference
- When: Tuesday & Wednesday, November 19-20, 2019 from 7am-9:30pm
- Organizer: Sustainable PGH and Wildlife Habitat Council
- Type of Event: Conference
- Description: As the only conservation organization to focus on corporate contributions to biodiversity, employee engagement and community relations, we are in a unique position to offer the most relevant and timely insight into the issues facing corporate conservation today. Conservation Conference attendees range from corporate EHS and CSR executives to boots-on-the-ground technical professionals, all working together to make positive impacts for habitat and education.
- Link: https://sustainablepittsburgh.org/event/conservation-conference/
Three Rivers Urban Soils Symposium
- When: Thursday, November 21, 2019 from 8:15am-6:30pm
- Organizer: Phipps, Allegheny County Conservation District and Pittsburgh Urban Soils Working Group
- Type of Event: Symposium (tickets required)
- Description: Join nationally acclaimed experts, professionals and community practitioners for an exploration of urban soils and their relation to agriculture, stormwater management, habitat and climate.
- Link: https://www.phipps.conservatory.org/calendar/detail/three-rivers-urban-soils-symposium