Join our Team of Experts
Do you want to be immersed in sustainability practices on a global scale? Apply your knowledge and passion to a growing global initiative.
3R Sustainability often seeks professionals for positions at its LEED Gold certified Pittsburgh office in the Strip District to be on the front line of the global charge toward sustainability. See the currently available positions below.
3R Sustainability Internship Opportunity - Winter/Spring 2021
3R Sustainability, a CSR (corporate social responsibility) and high-performance building consulting company located in Pittsburgh’s Strip District, is looking for an intern to work on a number of sustainability projects starting in January 2021.
3R believes that sustainability and corporate responsibility are good for business, good for the environment, good for society, and good for the economy. The built environment is an example of this – by designing and operating high-performance workplaces, companies can improve the health and productivity of their employees, while also reducing energy and water use, and reducing waste.
The ideal candidate will be available to work 15 to 20 hours per week remotely or at 3R’s LEED Gold certified office in the Strip District in Pittsburgh. 3R will provide all required training and resources, however, having a background in business and/or sustainability is a must. This work will be team-focused, hands-on, and client-oriented.
This internship program provides the framework for a student to apply what has been learned in prior experience and the classroom to make a value-added impact on 3R and its clients. This hands-on opportunity will provide the intern with real work experience, demonstrable accomplishments, and greater confidence in his or her career opportunities, while also advancing the company’s greater goal of social, economic, and environmental sustainability.
Interns can expect to:
- Understand the connection between high-performance buildings and CSR
- Gain familiarity with several international sustainability rating systems, assessments, and frameworks (LEED, WELL, BREEAM, GRI, ISO, UN SDGs, etc.)
- Create educational presentations/videos about sustainability
- Update internal certifications, such as JUST and B Corp
- Learn how to calculate Greenhouse Gas emissions and set zero carbon/energy goals
- Assist in the development of corporate sustainability reports and programs
- Analyze sustainability trends and conduct market research for various industries
- Work with the 3R team and project team leaders to evaluate sustainability data and information against broad CSR/ESG benchmarks, scorecards, and best practices
The ideal candidate is:
- A graduate student interested in a career in sustainability, or an environmental/engineering student, with a good understanding of business
- Detail oriented to contribute to and support the 3R team, project management, and administration
- Knowledgeable on how to assimilate and analyze operational and environmental data for compliance, indicators, and trends
- Proficient with Google and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent with problem-solving, time management, organization, and communication skills
- A positive, helpful, team-focused person with a strong initiative and willingness to learn and work
- A quick and adaptive learner, eager to tackle new situations
- Has a passion for sustainability and the underlying engineering, business, and policy impacts, roles, criteria, and technology
- Willing to jump-in on any task that helps the team meet its objectives
The internship is paid at a rate of $15 per hour. More details will be provided to interns that apply and meet the requirements above.
If you are interested and have a deep passion for and understanding of sustainability, you are urged to apply. Please submit resumes to careers@3Rsustainability.com for consideration. EOE.