Join our Team of Experts
Do you want to be immersed in sustainability practices on a global scale? Apply your knowledge and passion to a growing global initiative.
3R Sustainability (a wholly owned subsidiary of SRI Quality System Registrar) often seeks professionals for positions at its Pittsburgh office (Strip District) to be on the front line of the global charge toward sustainability. See the currently available positions below.
Energy Modeler / Sustainability Consultant (Pittsburgh, PA)
3R Sustainability, a CSR (corporate responsibility and high-performance building) consulting company located in Pittsburgh’s Strip District, is looking for an Energy Modeler/ Sustainability Consultant to join its practice.
3R believes that sustainability/corporate responsibility is good for business, good for the environment, good for society, and good for the economy. The built environment is a good example of this: by designing and operating high-performance work places, companies can improve the health and productivity of their employees, while also reducing energy and water use, and reducing waste. 3R’s parent company, SRI Quality System Registrar, is an accredited registrar that certifies sustainability management systems and green buildings, and issues quality, environmental, and health & safety certificates based on internationally-recognized standards. SRI was voted the 13th Best Place to Work in Pennsylvania’s Top 100 in 2015 and is in the process of pursuing B Corp certification.
As an Energy Modeler / Sustainability Consultant, you will create and analyze energy models with the opportunity to develop an energy practice, including providing energy modeling, energy efficiency consulting, energy management system evaluation, and commissioning services. Additionally, the position will analyze consumption and usage patterns within utility analyses; make recommendations for energy efficiency measures; perform lifecycle assessments to minimize environmental impacts; calculate and propose carbon/emission reductions; and develop business case and metrics supporting a company’s energy goals.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a Mechanical/Energy Engineer with minimum five to seven years related experience
- Possess professional credentials such as LEED AP, WELL AP, CEM, CEA, BEMP, etc
- Have in-depth experience creating and analyzing energy models with TRACE software or similar software tools
- Have experience in Building Commissioning, Energy Audits, Energy Benchmarking and/or as a Performance Testing Agent
- Possess detailed technical understanding of one or more of the following subjects: HVAC systems, plumbing systems, electrical systems, common construction methods, master planning, urban development, life-cycle assessment
- Possess strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate initiative and a positive, can-do attitude
Preference given to candidates holding the credential LEED AP O+M, WELL AP, and/or LEED Certification Reviewer certificate.
SRI offers a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts for medical/dependent care, retirement plan with company match, generous paid time off, and a business casual environment. With a strong belief in the importance of work/life balance and employee health and wellness, we provide and encourage employee participation in lunch and learns, wellness and physical activity programs, volunteering, and work schedule flexibility. Salary is competitive, depending on education, breadth of experience and communication skills.
All inquiries will be held in confidence. Verification of LEED AP qualifications with the USGBC and background checks are required. EOE.
Please send responses to: careers@3Rsustainability.com