Join our Team of Experts
Do you want to be immersed in sustainability practices on a global scale? Apply your knowledge and passion to a growing global initiative.
3R Sustainability often seeks professionals for positions at its LEED Gold certified Pittsburgh office in the Strip District to be on the front line of the global charge toward sustainability. See the currently available positions below.
Summer 2020 Internship Opportunity
3R Sustainability, a CSR (corporate responsibility) and high-performance building consulting company located in Pittsburgh’s Strip District, is looking for interns to work on a sustainability project from May 18, 2020 to July 31, 2020.
3R believes that sustainability and corporate responsibility are good for business, good for the environment, good for society, and good for the economy. The built environment is a good example of this – by designing and operating high-performance workplaces, companies can improve the health and productivity of their employees, while also reducing energy and water use, and reducing waste.
The ideal candidate will be available to work 40 hours per week for these 11 weeks at 3R’s LEED Gold certified office in the Strip District in Pittsburgh. 3R will provide all required training and resources, as well as two paid days off during this time. This work will be team-focused, hands-on, and client-oriented.
This internship program provides the framework for a student to apply what has been learned in prior experiences and the classroom to make a value-added impact on 3R and its clients. This hands-on opportunity will provide interns with real work experience, demonstrable accomplishments, and greater confidence in his or her career opportunities, while also advancing the company’s greater goal of social, economic, and environmental sustainability.
Interns can expect to:
- Perform in-depth technical reviews of environment, social, and governance (ESG) performance documents for analysis and benchmarking
- Verify policies, reports, and data for multiple ESG categories compared to international sustainability standards
- Conduct calls with clients to provide feedback on their ESG data and report
- Gain familiarity with several international sustainability rating systems/assessments (LEED, WELL, BREEAM, GRI, ISO etc.)
- Work with confidential client information
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a graduate student interested in a career in sustainability or an environmental/engineering student with a good understanding of business
- Be very detail oriented to contribute to and support the project, 3R team, project management, and administration
- Work with the 3R team and project team leaders to evaluate project data against broad CSR/ESG benchmarks, scorecards, and best practices
- Know how to assimilate and analyze operational and environmental data for compliance, indicators, and trends
- Be proficient with Google and Microsoft Office Suite
- Have strong problem-solving, time management, organization, and communication skills
- Demonstrate initiative and have a positive, helpful, team-focused attitude
- Be a quick learner and adaptive, eager to tackle new situations
- Have a passion for sustainability and the underlying engineering, business, and policy impacts, roles, criteria, and technology
- Willingness to jump-in on any task that helps the team meet its objectives
The internship is paid at a rate of $20 per hour plus a bonus for completion of the full 11 weeks. More details will be provided to interns that apply and meet with requirements above.
Project Time frame:
- Offers will be made until March 13 or until all positions are filled
- Technical Training (40 hours) will be held during the week of May 18 to 22 at 3R training facilities in Washington, DC (travel, hotels expenses (individual rooms), meals, and all expenses included). Interns are paid for training time, and all interns are required to attend
- Project work (40 hours per week, Monday to Friday) begins May 25 at the 3R office located at 2401 Smallman Street in the Strip District
Interns will get two paid days off (holidays) during the 11 weeks
- All interns that complete the full 11 weeks from May 18 to July 31 will receive a 10% bonus for completing the full program
If you are interested, can commit to the project timeline, and have a deep passion for and understanding of sustainability, you are urged to apply. Please submit resumes to careers@3Rsustainability.com for consideration. EOE.